Monday, July 26, 2010

At The Park

We are lucky enough to live within walking distance to several parks. Which one we go to depends on the time of day; I choose the park that is the most shaded at that particular time of day. Last night while I was at work, Noah (formerly not a fan of digging in the sand) spotted some sand toys in the garage and proceeded to dig in our garden. This morning, before we had even eaten breakfast he was trying to put his shoes on to go to the park to dig in the sand. Go figure. I convinced him to eat first, and then we packed up the toys and a blanket and headed for the 'blue park'. Even though I thought I was getting out early enough to beat the heat, I ended up stopping halfway to strip off Isaac's socks. By the time we got to the park, he was ready to lose his pants too. Once there, hot, sweaty baby practiced his sitting. It is hard to get a picture of him these days without his tongue sticking out like a little puppy.
Digging and driving boats in the sand also requires an open mouth apparently... Just like his big brother, Isaac loves to swing. I am not sure why he was praying while swinging. Maybe he thought I was pushing too high, and was praying for his life? Or is that a "Please, don't stopping pushing me" look?Another activity that Noah loved at this age was sitting and pulling grass, and Isaac loves that too. I think he was searching for a four leaf clover. It is a little surreal to live all these moments again with another baby. The little things I forgot about until memories are stirred up and relived again. They are just as sweet the second time around.
Soon, Isaac declared it was time to go home for a nap. And he continued to declare it for the entire walk home, nice and loud for the whole neighborhood to hear. He is now happily sleeping. One final picture of the sunset the other night (for you Mom - wouldn't you like a dress that color?).
Someday, we will live out in the country where we will have unobstructed views of these beautiful skies, the kids will dig in the dirt on our land and swing from the big tree out in the yard. That is my dream anyway. Until then, we will enjoy the parks, I guess.

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment