Monday, April 5, 2010

A Spring Robin

Around here, it is not officially Spring until you see your first robin of the season. When I saw this pattern months ago, I knew it would be the perfect Easter gift for Noah. I even finished it on time!
You may remember the egg from last week's sneak peak...
Turn the egg inside out and...
It turns into a robin!

The pattern for this adorable reversible toy is in the book Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson (a fellow Madisonian). The pattern was originally written for a bluebird, but as I can't remember the last time I actually saw a bluebird, I made a robin instead. The patterns in this book are cute and clearly written the way toys should be knit (in my opinion): in the round, with invisible increases and minimal seaming. It is also spiral bound so it actually stays open to the correct page! I will definitely be making some of the other projects in this book.
Happy Spring, once again!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment