Monday, February 16, 2009

Belated Valentines

Due to some technical difficulties with our computer this past weekend, I was not able do any posting here. So here is a recap of our chilly Valentine's Day weekend. Friday night I arrived home from work to the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm. They were not just any cookies however, but a special batch of heart-shaped Valentine cookies made by Curtis. They were much tastier than any box of chocolates!

Despite this being my weekend to work, we managed to get out to the Garden Expo on Saturday morning. I was hoping to learn alot about various aspects of gardening, but it was so packed with folks itching to get their hands dirty that we were barely able to navigate through the crowd at times. After riding around on Curtis' back for over an hour, Noah's favorite part of the morning was throwing landscaping rocks into a display fountain. Guess who showed him that trick? Not me. I was the one fishing them out.

Then, after about 5 minutes of playing in the sand, and discovering that it does not taste good, he was back to throwing rocks in the fountain.

Now, after enjoying the warmer weather last week, we are settling in for a storm with predictions of ice and 6 to 8 inches of snow. Bah! I think I am just about done with winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment