Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Hard Day's Afternoon

I've been thinking lately that I should start putting Noah to work since he's getting closer to saying some common day phrases, such as "Wha dit ju du?" and the ever so popular "ut oh?" Coincidentally, they could be used quite well while troubleshooting technical issues over the phone. So, I decided to take Noah with me to work Thursday, since it was 'Take Your Kid To Work Day.' We grabbed our afternoon Cheerio snack, shined our 'shuewz', and headed off to work. Noah got right to business when we arrived by listening in on some conference calls while manning the desk and reviewing some code I had just written in my office. We had to adjust the headset and raise the seat a bit.


We saw some other kids hard at work decorating sugar free cookies, making some colorful masks with markers and paint, and placing some stickers on some bowler hats. We saved the Tyrannosaurus Rex tattoos for later. After a long couple hours jabbering to a number of my colleagues at work, it was time to call it a day and head home for dinner.


Overall, he did fairly well; however, I think he needs to grow into the role a bit more. He's got tremendous people skills and has a commanding presence in a group of people, but gets distracted easily by the sound of telephones. I'm sure it will get better in time.

-Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment